What is the ‘Stoke North Big Local’?
Big Local is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for residents in Stoke North to have a say on where at least £1,000,000 is spent to make a massive and lasting positive difference to the community. It’s about bringing together all the local talent, ambitions, passions, skills and energy from individuals, groups and organisations who want to make their area an even better place to live. The SNBL Partnership Board has identified the following four themes on which it will base the spending of the million pounds over the next ten years:
- Jobs & Skills
What is the ‘Stoke North Big Local Community Chest’?
As part of this year’s grant of £100,000, the SNBL Partnership will spend up to £10,000 on projects which will benefit Stoke North residents, will fit in with one or more of the above themes and which will help in one or more of the above aspirations. Because the funding is limited, a target of £2,500 will be allocated in each quarter of the year and a timetable for applications and decisions will be published on our website.
Who can apply?
Individuals or community groups can bid for a grant to help them run a new local project and the
Partnership Board will make the final decision on which projects will be funded. Community groups must be not-for-profit and hold a bank account requiring at least two signatories.
How much can I apply for?
Applications may be made for between £100- £500. (Funding must be spent within 12 months of the grant being awarded)
Important points to consider when making an application
- Ensure your project benefits the residents of Stoke North Big Local area.
- Applications should be for new activities or projects.
- If your application involves contact with children or vulnerable adults you will need to satisfy us that all the required DBS* checks have been carried out.
- Remember, you can apply for a grant between £100- £500.
- If applying towards a larger project all other funding must be in place.
- If your application is successful you will be required to have spent the funding and complete a
monitoring and evaluation form at least twelve months after the funding has been received. This
form will include a spend breakdown, and we reserve the right to also ask for receipts/invoices.
- Successful applicants will also be expected to display the Stoke North Big Local logo on all publicity relating to the funded project.
- All applications should include estimates of the costs involved (including VAT), evidence/receipts will be required as part of the monitoring and evaluation at the end of the project.
- Funding will not be provided on a retrospective basis and organisations should not commit themselves to the project before any final decision is made.
- If your application is successful you will receive 2 copies of an offer letter which will specify any conditions regarding your project. You will need to return a signed copy before any funds are released.
- Decisions made by the Partnership Board are final.
The Stoke North Big Local Community Chest will not grant a fund for:
- Projects which relate solely to religious purposes,
- Projects which exclude certain members of the community,
- Projects which will only benefit one individual,
- Political activities,
- Projects that do not benefit residents living in Stoke North Big Local area.
You will be required to demonstrate the effectiveness of your Project.
This may take the form of a questionnaire completed by participants, a survey carried out online, a video
film or other form of report. In your application tell us how you plan to demonstrate how effective your
project has been.
- SNBL Community Chest Application Guidance and Application Form iss. 1.0
- SNBL Spending Fund Applicaiton Form V2
- SNBL Partnership – Purchasing Procedure – Final Iss 1 – 28 March 2019
*DBS Disclosure and Barring Service http://www.ddc.uk.net/